Below you can find the step by step instructions which will help you connect to tigerVPN using OpenVPN. This article also includes the DNS leak fix for OpenVPN.
1. Let's start by downloading the OpenVPN client from over here:
Choose the installer that fits your OS (Installer 32-bit, Windows Vista and later OR Installer 64-bit, Windows VIsta and later) and click on it to download it
* If you are located in China, you can find the OpenVPN client and download it from the bottom of this article:
2. After downloading the installer, locate it in your downloads folder and double click on it in order to start the installation process then click on "Next" :
3. Read and decide if you agree to continue, by clicking the "I Agree" button:
4. Leave the default components to install checked or if you are an experienced user and want to customize, select the wanted, and hit "Next"
5. Choose the destination folder and hit "Install":
6. Wait for the progress bar to fill up and click "Next" once completed:
7. Hit "Finish" (Readme is optional) :
8. The Readme File informs you about upgrades you can make later on:
9. Login on www.tigervpn.com and then go to your Dashboard. On the right hand side you will see "OpenVPN". Hit "download" to get the config files.
10. Once the files are downloaded, locate the zip file called "config" in your downloads folder:
11. Double click the config file in order to extract the files. After that, open another window and navigate to the folder where you have previously installed OpenVPN, open it, find the config folder and click to expand:
12. Arrange both windows so you can see both the tigerVPN files and your openVPN config folder, select the tigerVPN files and copy them to the config folder:
13. Click "Continue" in the dialog window:
14. Your tigerVPN config files should now appear in the config folder where you copied them:
15. Open our help article: https://help.tigervpn.com/support/solutions/articles/1000214540-quick-fix-dns-leaks-openvpn-win-10- and download the attachment:
16. Locate the downloaded zip file in your downloads folder and double click to unzip it:
17. Copy the file that fits your OS (32-bit or 64-bit):
18. Paste it next to the tigerVPN files in the config folder:
19. A dialog window will appear, click "Continue" and then you should see the .dll file next to the config files in the config folder:
20. Navigate to the OpenVPN icon on your desktop, right click on it and select "Properties":
21. In the dialog window that appeared go to "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run this program as an administrator" box and hit "Apply" then "OK" :
22. Open again our help article https://help.tigervpn.com/support/solutions/articles/1000214540-quick-fix-dns-leaks-openvpn-win-10- and copy the plugin line ( again, either 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your OS)
23. Click on the OpenVPN icon in your status bar and pick a server you want to connect to from that list:
24. In the example below, I have selected Frankfurt and clicked on "Edit Config" :
25. Paste the plugin line at the beginning of the config file that opened:
26. You should see the plugin line in the config file now:
27. Close the config file and save the changes you made to it with "Save":
28. Pick again the server you want to connect to from the list and click "Connect" , in our example, we connect to Frankfurt:
29. You will be asked for the Username and Password, type the VPN username and VPN password you find inside your Dashboard
For example: Username: tiger12345 and Password: Xdw7M3
Hit "OK" to connect.
30. You should see the OpenVPN icon in your status bar turning green. Kudos! You are now connected! :)
Note: You need to edit the config file as shown in step 25 for all the nodes you want to use in order to not have DNS leaks on any of them.
In order to disconnect from the node, click the OpenVPN icon from the status bar and then go to the server you have connected and select " Disconnect"