Dear tigers, below you can find the setup steps which will help you create a manual L2TP connection on your MAC:
1. On the top left side of your screen click on the Apple icon and then select "System Preferences":
2. Click on "Network" in the "Internet & Network" department
3. The Network window will appear and on the bottom left side, please click on the plus symbol "+" :
4. A pop up will appear so please click on the up and down arrows:
5. After that select VPN:
6. A new pop up will appear asking you to select the interface and enter a name for the new service. Click on the up and down arrows next to the VPN type section and select L2TP over IPSec:
7. In "Service Name", type anything you wish as this is just for you to keep track of all your VPN profiles, in the example below I have used London L2TP.
8. In the "Server Address" section please type the address of the server you wish to connect to. In my example, for London, the server address is: lon.tigervpn.com . You can check the server addresses in your customer dashboard
In the "Account Name" please add your tigerVPN username which you can find inside your customer Dashboard. For example, tiger12345.
Make sure that "Show VPN status in the menu bar: is ticked and then select "Authentication Settings":
9. In "Password" section please type in or copy-paste your VPN password which you can find inside your customer Dashboard. For example: XcgBmL .
In the "Shared secret" section please enter tigerVPN , as you see here since it is case sensitive! ( not TigerVPN or tiger VPN ) :)
10. Next step is for you to go to "Advanced"
11. Make sure you select "Send all traffic over VPN connection" and hit "OK"
12. The network window will show up and just hit "Apply":
13. On your desktop, please click on the network icon and select " Connect London L2TP" / or the name of the connection you created.
That's all folks! :)