Step by step instructions for OpenVPN:
1. Open terminal (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T). Keep this open for all steps.
2. Install OpenVPN client by entering "sudo apt-get install openvpn" (if you are requested a password, enter the password which you have used when creating your account).
3. Login to tigervpn site. Go into Dashboard, geek tab and download openvpn config to desktop.
4. Using terminal navigate to dir that you downloaded the openvpn config to (on desktop) with command "cd /home/user/desktop" (replace user with your user name you made)
5. Extract "config-256bit.zip` with command "sudo unzip config-256bit.zip" (the file name that was downloaded in step 2.
6. Remove files which will be no longer used: "sudo rm zip"
7. Type in terminal "cd /config" to navigate to extracted folder.
8. Make sure you are in the right dir through terminal, simply enter "ls -all" command and it will print full configuration file list.
9. Open the config folder on the desktop by double clicking on it. Find the server you want to connect to. Right click on the filename and select copy.
10. While still cd`d into the config folder, start OpenVPN with the chosen configuration by entering "sudo openvpn --config "[paste ONLY file name here, not the complete route]" then hit enter. "sudo openvpn --config "US - Atlanta @tigervpn.com.ovpn" (make sure to put the file name between quotes)
11. OpenVPN will ask you for credentials, enter those which you can find on the tigerVPN dashboard.
12. You have successfully connected to VPN.
13. To disconnect from the OpenVPN connection simply open terminal and type ‘Ctrl + C‘ command