Follow the step by step instructions below in order to connect to tigerVPN using openVPN and the dns leak fix for openVPN on win 10.
1) Access www.openVPN.net.
*In case you are in China, you can't access it, so please find the openVPN.net client attached at the bottom of this article :)
2) Click on "Community" tab
3) Click on "Downloads" in the left side menu
4) Choose the installer that fits your OS (Installer 32-bit, Windows Vista and later OR Installer 64-bit, Windows VIsta and later) and click on it to download it
5) Locate the installer in your downloads folder and double click on it in order to start the installation process
6) Read and decide if you agree to continue, by clicking the "I Agree" button
7) Leave the default components to install checked or if you are an experienced user and want to customize, select the wanted, and hit "Next"
8) Choose the destination folder and hit "Install"
9) Wait for the progress bar to fill up and click "Next" once completed
10) Hit "Finish" ( Readme is optional )
11) The Readme File informs you about upgrades you can make later on
12) Login to your dashboard on www.tigervpn.com and on the right hand side you will see "OpenVPN". Hit "Download" to get the config files.
13) Locate the zip file called "config" in your downloads folder
14) Double click the config file in order to extract the files
15) Open another window and navigate to the folder where you have previously installed openVPN, open it, find the config folder and click to expand
16) Arrange both windows so you can see both the tigerVPN files and your openVPN config folder, select the tigerVPN files and copy them to the config folder
17) Click "Continue" in the dialog window
18) Your tigerVPN config files should now appear in the config folder where you copied them
19) Open our help article https://help.tigervpn.com/support/solutions/articles/1000214540-quick-fix-dns-leaks-openvpn-win-10- and download the attachment
20) Locate the downloaded zip file in your downloads folder and double click to unzip it
21) Copy the file that fits your OS (32-bit or 64-bit)
22) Paste it next to the tigerVPN files in the config folder
23) Click "Continue" in the dialog window
24) You should see the .dll file next to the config files in the config folder
25) Navigate to the OpenVPN icon on your desktop, right click on it and select "Properties"
26) In the dialog window that appeared go to "Compatibility" tab
27) Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box and hit "Apply"
28) Click "OK" and close the dialog window
29) Locate the openVPN icon in the status bar
30) Open again our help article https://help.tigervpn.com/support/solutions/articles/1000214540-quick-fix-dns-leaks-openvpn-win-10- and copy the plugin line ( again, either 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on your OS)
31) Click on the OpenVPN icon in your status bar and pick a server you want to connect to from that list
32) Click on "Edit Config"
33) Paste the plugin line at the beginning of the config file that opened
34) You should see the plugin line in the config file now
35) Close the config file and save the changes you made to it with "Save".
36) Pick again the server you want to connect to from the list and click "Connect"
37) You will be asked for the Username and Password, type the VPN username and VPN password you find inside your dashboard
38) Click OK and you will be connected to the chosen node
39) You should see the OpenVPN icon in your status bar turning green. Congrats, you are now connected!
Note: You need to edit the config file as shown in step 33 for all the nodes you want to use in order to not have dns leaks on any of them.